[nas] nasd outputs only part of a sample, client stalls -- exceptunder strace

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Sep 2 20:24:18 MDT 2007

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 08:54:00AM -0400, mmurray wrote:
>>
>> To the best of my reasoning, the SIGALRM is being lost in a race
>> somewhere.
>
> This seems to be correct -- sending a SIGALRM to nasd whenever the
> playback hangs results in continued playback.

   Ok.  Attached is a patch that reworks the signal handling in the
   voxware server.  I do not have a spare machine to test the newer
   kernels on, so I have no idea if this will affect the problem you
   guys are seeing.

   I do believe it (the patch) to be the correct way of doing it
   though.  In addition, DIA dispatch is now able to properly block the
   appropriate signal when it needs to, which it couldn't before
   (requiring the racy block/unblocks in intervalProc).  Make sure dia/
   gets rebuilt as well after applying this patch. Or just do a 'make
   World' to be sure :)

   Let me know if this corrects anything (and especially if it breaks
   anything).  I'll wait before committing until I get some kind of
   feedback.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com