[nas] NAS client server sound question

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Nov 25 14:41:01 MST 2007

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, admin at mmri.us wrote:

> I can confirm it works with Ubuntu
> (Ubuntu Breezy on Mac Mini ppc)
>
> root@ /etc/init.d]# ./nas start
> Starting the Network Audio System
> @(#)Network Audio System Release 1.7
> root@ /etc/init.d]#
>

> While on FC7 it is ambiguous.
> [init.d]#  ./nasd start
> Network Audio System Release 1.9.1 [  OK  ]
>
> But then,
> [init.d]#  ./nasd status
> nasd dead but subsys locked
> [init.d]#
>
> Thanks.

   v1.7 is pretty darn old, 1.9.1 is the current version.  You might
   get more info by starting nasd manually in another terminal like:

   /usr/X11R6/bin/nasd -aa -v -d 99

   which will spit out some debugging info (and not detach into the
   background).

   I do not recall if 1.7 was very verbose about errors though.

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | #include <std/disclaimer.h>