[nas] Audio loopback with NAS

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Thu Nov 22 05:19:18 MST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 11:23:16AM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Is it possible to use NAS to feed it sound from 1 app, and record from
> another, *without* relying on 'real' sound hardware at all? Any code
> (sample or rea) available?

This is possible, but I don't know any tools that implement it right
now. You can look at audemo and auphone (both included in the client/
directory of the NAS distribution) to get some ideas how to do it.

Since version 1.8a the voxware (OSS) NAS server can work without audio
hardware, I don't know if any of the others can. But the voxware server
might work on other platforms as well, as long as no audio hardware is
used. ;-)

Erik
--
When in doubt, use brute force.