[nas] nas and pulseaudio?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Nov 9 11:08:34 MST 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Dave Richards wrote:

> The PulseAudio inquiry was mine.  Pulse is indeed taking off, and that's
> why I posed the question to the list.  Pulse seems to support plugins
> and if NAS was packaged and moved into that project it would get a lot
> more eyes.  HP has made Pulse the official sound system of all new thin
> clients because it supports OSS, Alsa and Esound concurrently.
>
> Dave

   I remember the email, but I didn't see how 'if NAS was packaged and
   moved into that project' would make any sense... Now a NAS plugin
   for pulse audio would make sense.

   OSS and ALSA are low level API's... Esound is a 'simple' sound
   server.  There are no doubt esound, alsa and oss plugins for pulse
   audio.  There could be a nas plugin as well, if someone wanted to
   write one... Or am I missing something?

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | #include <std/disclaimer.h>