[nas] audiooss buffer underrun

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Aug 14 17:22:34 MDT 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 jonshan at eden.rutgers.edu wrote:

>> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 jonshan at eden.rutgers.edu wrote:
>
>>> node:/dev# play ~/sounds/sounds/fanfare.wav -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
>>> play stio: Can't open input file `/dev/dsp': No such file or directory
>
> I'm not too familiar with strace. All I changed was /etc/ld.so.preload to
> include /usr/lib/libaudiooss.so.1. Same result.

   Sorry, try (after removing from /etc/ld.so.preload):

   $ export LD_PRELOAD=<path to libaudiooss.so>
   $ strace -o/tmp/play.trace -f play ~/sounds/sounds/fanfare.wav -d /dev/dsp

   Then send me (offlist if you wish) the /tmp/play.trace file in it's
   full glory.

   The -t option to 'play' is for specifying the audio file format, which
   you should not need.

   I will try to take a look this weekend.

[...]
> I'm using Debian.

   Well I don't have a debian box here, I'm just a lowly
   slacker... What's the libc version it's using? (ls -l /lib/libc*
   will do)

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com