[nas] audiooss buffer underrun

jonshan at eden.rutgers.edu jonshan at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 6 18:25:12 MDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to play audio remotely using NAS and audiooss. I am running
the program by doing: "audiooss <program> <output to /dev/dsp>". At the
server, I am hearing beating noise and the client machine outputs
"audiooss: buffer underrun".

One of the suggestions on this mailing list was to edit nasaudio.c and
increase the buffer size. I assume the variable to increase is
MIN_BUFFER_SIZE but even if I increase it to 64 times the original value,
I am still getting buffer underrun. I also tried changing the output rate
of my program to very low output rates (1000 Hz), but still no resolution.

Am I editing the right value? Is there any other work-around?

Thanks
Jonathan Shan