[nas] Nasd as windows service

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Wed Nov 15 03:04:43 MST 2006

I finally managed to tweak my app to run on a linux compute server with
X11 to Xceed on a W2K pC and sound to NASD on that PC. Works well, kudos.

Now I need to automate the startup of nasd under W2K because these PCs
are ultimately for non-techical persons, and telling them to open a
CYGWIN shell window and typing "nasd -aa -v -d 8" is a recipe for an
armed riot!

Has anyone tried (and, I hope, succeeded) to run nasd as a Windows
service, using instsrv.exe and srvany.exe maybe?

And BTW are there specially recommended switches for WIndows?

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director