[nas] [patch] convert more K&R code to ANSI C

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Jul 12 23:31:55 MDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:43:33PM -0600, Jon Trulson wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Stefan Huehner wrote:
>>> attached patch converts some of the client programs to ANSI C.
>>>

>>         Try as I might, I was unable to convince 'patch' to deal with
>>         this patch... I did not see anything obviously wrong.  I had
>>         no problem with your earlier patches.  I noticed it was not
>>         rooted in nas-*/, unlike your other patches (which I prefer).
>>
>>         What magic is required to apply this?  It didn't matter what
>>         directory
>>         this was run in (clients/audio, whatever)...
>>
>> Output was (patch --dry-run):
>> $ patch --dry-run -p1 <StefanHuehner_nas_old_style2.diff
>>
>> can't find file to patch at input line 5
>> Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
>> The text leading up to this was:
>> --------------------------
>> |Index: auinfo/auinfo.c
>
> I'd say you have to apply it in the nas-1.8/clients/audio directory with
> patch -p0 as there is no leading directory to strip. But I did not test
> this.

         -p0.. huh.  Never had to do that one before... The patch does
          not apply cleanly though (this was a --dry-run so nothing
          actually done):

patching file auinfo/auinfo.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 64 with fuzz 1.
patching file aupanel/aupanel.c
patching file audial/audial.c
patching file widgets/Slider.c
patching file auctl/execute.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 82.
Hunk #10 succeeded at 278 with fuzz 2.
1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file auctl/execute.c.rej
patching file auctl/auctl.c
patching file audemo/audemo.c
Hunk #46 FAILED at 1711.
1 out of 49 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file audemo/audemo.c.rej
patching file util/issndfile.c
patching file util/playbucket.c
patching file util/soundtoh.c

--