[nas] Windows client?

CowMan cowman at efni.com
Mon Jul 10 13:59:43 MDT 2006

Yea, that's whats what I was after.. Ah well. Still works for *my* laptop!
:)

>          Hmm... I assume you are asking whther Windows audio could be
>          directed to a nas server somewhere else on your network?
>
>          In theory it should be possible, but there is nothing I am
>          aware of currently that would do this... The only thing I
>          could think of would be building mplayer/xmms under cygwin, with
>          nas audio output (assuming mplayer/xmms can be built under
>          cygwin in the first place).
>
>          For 'generic' audio redirection from a windows box to a nas
>          server would require (I assume) some sort of virtual sound
>          driver for windows.  Would be cool :)

This message comes to you care of:

CowMan, Man-Cow of Myth; a.k.a.
Dr. Brian R.P. Chaulk, D.C., Esq.

"And lo, as I gazed upon the hill,
was CowMan, legendary man-cow of myth,
he who signals death from the armada of the bovines."
         - Laserbeak (1998)

- 1990 Mazda Miata (BRG repaint)
- V01-MOO ex VA3-MOO (HAM Radio callsign)
- Saviour of trapped ducks and ducklings
- Engineer in Training (Memorial U., Nfld.)

Geek Code (v2.0): GE d?@ H+*>++ s g+(?) !p?+ au+ a- w++ v+*?(-)
C++ UL++++ P+ L++ 3+ E---- N+ K- W(---) M V- -po+ Y+ t 5- j(++)

website: http://cowman.shacknet.nu/
reply-to: cowman at efni.com