[nas] Couple of questions

Paul England pengland at cmt-asia.com
Sun Jan 8 22:57:28 MST 2006

HI

Is there a nice rc script around that I can use to start nasd after
booting a machine (Redhat).  The ebuild on Gentoo (most of my boxes)
works quite lovely, but I've got basically no experience with these
things.  Apparently only root can start nasd though, due to device
permissioning, which makes scripting a solution rather tricky.

Also, on the same machine, nasd quit outputting sound at one point.  I
had to restart it, and my QT application to get sound again.  Anyone had
any issues like this?  My program most likely sent a lot of requests at
within a very short period of time.  Maybe 30 in a couple of seconds.
Is this an issue?  what debug level should I set to find such problems,
and more importantly...where does it output the log?

Thanks
Paul