[nas] MIME-Version: 1.0

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Jun 20 18:27:30 MDT 2005

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, K.V.Maruthi Prasad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed nas-1.7 on SUN enterproprise-250 (solaris 7.0 ).
> while running nasd I have encountered the following problem.
>
> with 'nasd -aa &' it is reporting error "Fatal server error:
> Could not create audio connection block info"
>
> when nasd run in debug mode with 'nasd -d 99', it reports as
> "Init:will close device when finished with stream"

 	Is that all it says?  Nothing after that?  This error is usually
caused when nasd cannot talk to the sound device for some reason.  Does it
hang after printing "Init:will close device when finished with stream"?

 	What version do you have?  Also does truss(1m) show anything
interesting?  ie:

 	truss -f nasd -v -d 99

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad