[nas] Re: Couple of nas things

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Jun 3 12:44:13 MDT 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Mark Davies wrote:

> On Friday 03 June 2005 16:24, Jon Trulson wrote:
>
>>  	Ahh.. I need to update autoconf? or?  What version contains
>> knowlege of DragonFly?
>
> I'll leave Joerg to answer that.

 	he did :)

>>> One comment from me about the WaitFor.c patch.  Since that file already
>>> does an include of <errno.h>  shouldn't we just delete this "extern int
>>> errno" line completely?
>
>>  	Hmm.  Yes, I would prefer to simply delete it (it's wrong on
>> modern systems anyway).  For those older systems that do not contain the
>> proper errno int in errno.h (are there any we care about?), we can handle
>> those special cases with ifdefs.  Soound ok?
>
> Sounds fine to me.  Are there actually any systems that have an errno.h that
> doesnt have a declaration for errno in it (rather than systems that don't
> have an errno.h at all - a case we already don't handle)?

 	I know back when I used to do Unixware - it was missing this
declaration.  If they haven't fixed it by now, well tough ;-)  I'm not
sure about HPUX (don't have one anymore) or older Suns.

> As far as I can see FILEMANDIR is a standard variable that imake sets on all
> platforms.

 	Good enough.

> OK here it is

 	Thanks, will apply it this weekend.

[...]

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad