[nas] Gcc 4.0 fixes for nas 1.7

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Jan 1 12:25:04 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:33:19PM -0700, Jon Trulson wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>>Hi Jon,
>>
>>Gcc 4.0 is much pickier about function prototypes. It throws lots of
>>warnings when compiling nas 1.7, and one error in auutil.c. The
>>attached patch fixes them for me (mainly by simply including standard
>>headers!).
>>

>	Hello Steve,
>
>	Unfortunately the issue with this is that not all systems provide
>stdlib.h.

Christ. How many old broken systems does nas still support? stdlib.h
is part of the standard library from C89...!

>I added an autoconf confgure script in config/ (run during the
>make includes phase) to try to figure out this stuff on a per system basis
>in v1.7.  John Wehle provided some of these stdlib.h includes for FreeBSD
>in 1.7, prompting the addition of this simple autoconf script in config/.
>I will need to go through the patch, wrapping the #includes with:
>
>	#if defined(HAVE_STDLIB_H)
>	#endif
>
>	same for string.h/strings.h .

I'll see if I can add wrappers in a newer version of the patch.

>	The one thing I'm not sure about is the socklen_t changes... How
>portable is this?  It seems like every system has a different idea about
>it :)  Maybe I need an autoconf rule to detect when this typedef is
>available as well?

Maybe, yes. Using http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi says that Linux,
FreeBSD and Solaris all have socklen_t, at least. It would be nice to
see what other systems use here.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,