[nas] Keeping sound files on the server (Question)

Iftikhar Rathore iftikharrathore at iphonica.com
Fri Dec 9 14:01:32 MST 2005

Hi
Question: How can I play sound files that are on the server, to save
bandwidth.

I have used nas extensively about 10 years ago, and I remember it was
possible to play files that existed on the server, as far as I remember
it  was a conf file entry and was very easy to configure.

I do see it listed in the features, but I do not see any reference to it
anywhere. I tried going through the mailing list but failed. I need that
feature badly since my links are nor big enough to be able to transfer
sound files on the fly. Below is the excrept from the nas website:

Key features of the Network Audio System include:

      * Device-independent audio over the network
      * Lots of audio file and data formats
      * Can store sounds in server for rapid replay

Regards