[nas] No love (could not create audio connection block info when starting)

Paul England pengland at cmtkg.com
Tue Sep 14 01:41:18 MDT 2004

This has gone beyond crappy.
I've tried a host of differen things. I got my application top lay sound
ONE time.
After that, I logged out, logged in as the user would, and once again --
no sound.
So basically, I've had sporadic at best results, following intuition and
advice.

Every now and again I can get nasd to start, but it either doesn't play
sound,
or complaints that /dev/dsp is busy.  I use Redhats cheesy little
"detect sound
device" applet, and it always detects the device, and is able to play
the sound,
even when NASD thinks it's busy.

The only thing consistent is when I run arts :x -aa,
/tmp/.sockets/audiox will be created, meaning I can't use that port anymore.

I'm starting the system with ARTS off, by the way.

Thanks
Paul