[nas] shutting down cleanly

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Oct 4 23:37:18 MDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Paul England wrote:

> Yes, permissions seem to be 777, but I still get the
> Error binding unix socket: /tmp/.sockets/audio[x]
> : Address already in use
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot establish unix listening socket
>
> This is Redhat Enterprise something-rather... not my distro of choice. :)

 	That shouldn't happen... When you kill nas, do you use '-9' or
just regular TERM?  Does it really die?

 	There isn't currently any provision for transport to 'cleanup; on
exit.  As long as someone else has no opened it and bound it, it should be
available for the next invocation.  What version of NAS are you using?

 	Anyone else ever seen this problem?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad