[nas] wow. anyone looked at MAS?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Mon Mar 8 18:40:25 MST 2004

 > > while googling for audio stream mixers just now, i found this:
 > >     http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net
 > >
 > > if there was ever to be a worthy successor to NAS, this might be it.
 > >
 > > has anyone else looked at this, or played with it?
 > >

 > 	Hehe... I posted about this about a month ago.   It does look
 > impressive, though I have not played with it.  See:
 >
 > 	http://radscan.com/nas/nas-ml/msg01040.html

doh.  and it was even in response to a message of mine.  :-)  though,
to my credit, i didn't start the thread.  so of course i stopped
listening as soon as i'd said my piece.  ;-)

for such an ambitious project, MAS doesn't seem to have much "buzz"
surrounding it.  googling turns up precious little, and the entire
archive of the development mailing list fits on one screen.  :-)
i've downloaded it -- not sure when i'll get a chance to try it.
the fact that some of their most interesting clients are gtk+2.0-based
limits their accessability to me.  :-/

paul