[nas] libaudiooss and browser plugins

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Wed Jan 14 08:03:38 MST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Paul Fox wrote:
> > >    "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0 exec firebird"
> > >but, alas, this doesn't work either.
> > >
> > >should i expect this to work?  is there a newer version of libaudiooss
> > >that i should get?
> >
> > audiooss 1.1.0 is the newest there is. (There is the freebsd hack
> > version as well, available upon request)
>
>hmm.  embarassingly, i seem to be running audiooss-0.9.12.  since
>the home or source page isn't jumping to the top of my googling, can
>you point me at a copy of it?
>
>i'll try it, with/without debugging, and report back...

Might be as simple as this: the plugins get launched as separate processes
and don't inherit the LD_PRELOAD since you don't explicitly export it? (Or
am I spouting crap?)

Try (given bash):

$ export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0
$ firebird

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to