[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Mon Apr 26 01:17:08 MDT 2004

> > I've attached two such WAV files in the tar.gz. Once comes
> with Windows,
> > one comes with Solaris. Both play once, and then cause nasd
> to hang via
> > audemo. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?
>
> Works for me.
> These play repeatedly with either auplay or audemo.
>
> Both locally and across the network with two machines:
> SunOS nassource 5.8 Generic_108529-23 i86pc i386 i86pc
> SunOS nassink 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
>

> ++++++++++++
>

> However, audemo dumps when a name file is given to it, eg:
> $ audemo tada.wav
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>
> It seems to like:
> $ audemo ./tada.wav
>

> I'll build NAS with -g and try and find out why.

I did try calling them via various different paths, it hasn't helped. I
always end up having to kill -9 nasd as it is stuck in the
AUDIO_DRAINING part according to truss. I suspect it is a SunRay issue.

Is it worth me building it with -g and finding out where nasd is
hanging?

We are a bit behind in patch revisions on your machines also (-21
kernel), I might try and run the latest patch cluster and try again!

Rich