[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

Jon Trulson jon at xig.com
Wed Apr 21 11:22:30 MDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 rhfreeman at micron.com wrote:

> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:21:07 +0100
> From: rhfreeman at micron.com
> To: jon at xig.com
> Cc: jon at radscan.com, nas at canoemarathon.fsnet.co.uk, nas at radscan.com
> Subject: RE: [nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8
>

> > 	Could you run nasd with something like:
> >
> > 	nasd -v -d 99 -aa
> >
> > 	And send any output it generates when you start the flow?  Does
> > this happen with a specific wav file, or any wav file?
>
> Ok. I've been checking this out thoroughly! I've started nasd with those
> options, but it only gives me this:
>
> Init: will close device when finished with stream.

	The rest may be in your syslog...  Then again, the solaris driver
has a lot less debugging output than the voxware driver.

> So I did some checking. Using audemo I played some stuff out of
> /usr/share/sounds on my Solaris 8 box. Some plays fine repeatedly but it
> was always the same ones that worked. Some files would play once and
> then never work again. It was ALWAYS the same files, and there was
> nothing common about them (Hz, bit-rate, endian-ism, etc).
>
> When it stopped playing, a truss on nasd shows this:
>
>  ioctl ( 6, AUDIO_DRAIN, 0x00000000 ) ( sleeping... )
>
> This happens with both nasd 1.6 and 1.6c. We are running the SunRay
> server 2 software.
>
> Do you want me to send along some of the files that work/don't work?

	Feel free to do so (some of the ones that failed).  I fixed a
problem sometime ago in libaudio that had these symptoms.  I can at least
see if this shows up on voxware anyway... There are others on this list
who have more experience with the sunray's...

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at xig.com
Xi Graphics, Inc.  http://www.xig.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad