[nas] NAS & xauth

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Sep 3 18:32:38 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> From: Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com>
> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:50:56 +0100
> Subject: [nas] NAS & xauth
> To: nas at radscan.com
> I've had a Debian bug posted against the NAS package saying that a
> user can't connect to a remote server - see
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/207659
>
> for the bug report and subsequent conversation. Martin has a point -
> there is no information anywhere in the NAS manual that mentions that
> NAS uses the same MIT cookie authentication as X does. It would be
> really nice if there was some documentation about this.

	Agreed... Did he get it working?  I remember trying some time ago
and I never could get it to properly recognize the AUTH format - didn't
spend alot of time on it though as I mostly trust my machines ;-).

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
You talk like a Ferengi.