[nas] Clients die upon server death -- workaround?

Rine, Robert robert.rine at lmco.com
Tue Jan 21 08:48:35 MST 2003

Hello,

   I have a question regarding the behavior of NAS clients when the server
is killed.  Currently, the app I'm working on, which acts as a client
connecting to an NAS server, dies immediately when the server is killed.
>From what I can tell, this is the default behavior.

   My question is this: Is there any way of keeping the client app from
dying when the server it is connected to is killed?  I want the app to
continue running whether the audio is functional or not.  Lack of audio does
not diminish the functionality, and there is no reason to exit simply
because the audio is no longer working.  I've had no luck trying to solve
this, and any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.