[nas] can't build nas-1.5 on hpux 11.00

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Sep 25 15:05:57 MDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Gansser, Martin wrote:

> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:12:57 +0200
> From: "Gansser, Martin" <MGansser at rand.de>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] can't build nas-1.5 on hpux 11.00
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile nas-1.5 on hpux 11.00, but it fails with a lot of errors:
>
> I used HP's ANSI C Compiler
>
> xmkmf
> make WORLDOPTS='-k CDEBUGFLAGS="$(CDEBUGFLAGS) -DSTARTSERVER"' World
>
> I attached the messages from make World ...
>
> thanks in advance

	Ahh.  Back when I did the HPUX stuff, I did not have access to an
HP compiler, nor was the X11 up to snuff (I think it was X11R5).  The way
I built it was using gcc and my own cobbled together X11R6.1 tree...

	The error:

        mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
cpp: "./Imakefile", line 28: error 4036: Can't open include file
'Threads.tmpl'.
imake: Exit code 1.  Stop.
Make: Must be a separator on rules line 7.  Stop.

	tells me that HPUX's X11 env is still probably at X11R5.  You can
remove the 'Threads' include from the Imakefile.  You should probably also
disable any attempt to use threading under HPUX if X11 Threads are not
supported (there is an option in config/NasConfig.h I believe).

	The 'seperator' error may be related to a Threads macro, I don't
know.

	This may be a problem in lib/audio/Imakefile - I don't know off
hand what it's choking on (you can look at the line in the generated
Makefile).  It will probably be a macro that is not defined by your X
environment.  The fact that this is failing is why, later on, there are
errors about missing include files - since the make's in lib/audio/
fialed, they were never placed in their proper locations for the rest of
NAS to find.

	Note, that I was using HP-UX 10.10 or so on 9000/780 I
believe.  Been a couple years - it just collects dust in a closet at home
now ;-)

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.