[nas] nasd in Windows/cygwin - binaries?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Thu Mar 14 19:30:43 MST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Martin Wolters wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:06:57 -0500
> From: Martin Wolters <martinw at atc.creative.com>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] nasd in Windows/cygwin - binaries?
>
> This is great technology! I use it on my Linux box and get audio output
> from our Unix servers. COOL! Now I would like for my coworkers (mostly
> Windows desktop users) to be able to use that too. Did somebody
> successfully compile a nas server for a Windows platform (maybe based on
> cygwin). Would it be possible to get/upload some binaries?

	Alas, no.  There is no windows port of the server, though I've
heard that the clients can be built and work under cygwin.  Alot of people
have requested this, but no port has been forthcoming ;-) I don't use
windows myself - if I did though, I'd certainly take a stab at it.

	I've heard cygwin is very good, and if the XFree X server can
supposedly be built and run under windows, NAS should be able to as well.
Just takes someone with motivation and skill.  And Windows, of course. ;-)

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.