[nas] NAS or Solaris deadlock...

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Wed Feb 13 17:13:05 MST 2002

Greetings Jon and all.

After some rather extensive debugging, it seems that we've hit either a
NAS solaris server bug, or a solaris OS bug.

Means of triggering: run nasd on a solaris box, then run mpg123 by way of
libaudiooss. This triggers a very long loop of open/close of connections
to the NAS server, and halfway through, nasd and client mpg123/libaudiooss
hangs.

Have not managed to reproduce it against nasd running on linux.

NASD version: 1.4.2, 1.5

The last part of our debugging session attached below. Including backtrace
of mpg123/libaudiooss and the hung nasd process.

Suggestions?

uname -a: "SunOS merrill 5.8 Generic_108528-12"