[nas] NAS 1.5 problem

Raymond Toy toy at rtp.ericsson.se
Wed Feb 6 09:52:03 MST 2002

I've used NAS for a very long time and finally decided to upgrade to
1.5.

It seems to work, but I'm having some problems when I start nasd on my
RH 7.1 system.

With DISPLAY=:0.0, I start nasd -aa.  It starts.  When I try to
connect with auinfo, auinfo hangs.

If I start like nasd -aa :1, and run (AUDIOSERVER=:1  auinfo),
everything works as expected.

I tried poking around with strace, and I see in the first case that
nasd is connecting to host 0.0.0.0 and eventually fails.  In the
second case it also binds to host 0.0.0.0, but immediately succeeds
and creates /tmp/.sockets/audio1.  Everything works just fine then.

Is there a bug here?  Am I doing something wrong here?

Ray