[nas] audiolib: unexpected async reply...

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Tue Jan 30 18:21:37 MST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Jon Trulson wrote:
>	What you might try is to add a littel debugging to libaudiooss
>(that spits out the PID or some other unique, per-thread identifier) and
>see how many instances are being loaded... 1 for all threads or one per
>thread.  I'm guessing its 1 for all threads or you shouldn't be having the
>problem you're seeing...

Ah. I think I've fixed it now, at least for the specific instance of the
problem called XMMS. Locking and unlocking a pthread_mutex around
nas_write, nas_set_volume and nas_get_volume did the trick.

Any other multithreaded sound apps anyone can think of, that should be
tested?

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to