[nas] audiooss 0.9.9

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Tue Sep 26 20:41:57 MDT 2000

Well then. AudioOSS 0.9.9 is out - and I'm running out of easy cases to
fix. "cat argh.au > /dev/audio" still does not work, but that would
involve very black magic to fix. "bufplay" does weird things and refuse to
work so far.

I accidentally broke amp around 0.9.4 or so, now it should work
again. Some fixes to my wrapper select() function did the trick.

Winamp running under Wine had some problems outputting non-choppy sound -
and fixing the issue would break mikmod, and perhaps others. So a
AUDIOOSS_WINE_HACK environment variable was added as a hopefully temporary
workaround - set the variable to enable the workaround. With it, winamp
under wine works as well as any other MP3 player...

So, perhaps recording next? Or portability - any interested Weird Unix
Variant gurus around that could give it a try and/or give me shell access
to a non-Linux system for testing?

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>