[nas] Recording apps using NAS?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Mon Nov 6 21:29:01 MST 2000

 > > Do any of you know about any recording applications using
 > > NAS? "aurecord" is the only example I know about...

sometime last year i did a bunch of searching for unix-based recording
tools, and came up with very little -- i'm sure i would have noticed
if one of them had supported nas...

paul

p.s.  what i discovered was that there are two types of tools:  a) the
type that does _nothing_ but record, and doesn't even let you see
recording levels, and b) the kind that does _everything_ in _addition_
to recording, including a full blown multi-pane gui with flashing
sonogram charts and LED VU meter simulations, all remote controllable,
and with "skins", of course.  and all i wanted was a simple
command-line recorder that would tell me if the volume was too loud...
:-) :-/