[nas] Silly versioning conflicts

Steve McIntyre stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sun Dec 10 12:54:41 MST 2000

After a long period with no time to look, I'm about to update the
Debian nas package to 1.4.1. I've found an inconsistency in the
versioning since 1.2p5:

1.2p5
=====
../config/NetAudio.tmpl:
#define SharedAudioRev 2.0

../include/audio/audio.h:
#define AuProtocolMajorVersion                  2
#define AuProtocolMinorVersion                  2

1.4.1
=====
../config/NetAudio.tmpl:
#define SharedAudioRev 1.4

../include/audio/audio.h:
#define	AuProtocolMajorVersion					2
#define	AuProtocolMinorVersion					2

The change backwards from v2.0 to 1.4 on the shared library is going
to cause me problems with other packages that depend on libaudio. So,
for the Debian release I'm about to bump it up to v2.2 to match the
protocol versions and satisfy these dependencies. It would be nice if
this goes in upstream also.

Thanks,
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------
"Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I..."  |Finger for PGP key