[conquest] Can't start windows client!

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Thu Apr 22 13:09:52 MDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Ingo Pussar wrote:

> Hello again.
>
>>   The version is 8.5.1 (4/22/2010) so you can make sure it's the right
>>   one when you run it.  Copy it into your Conquest\bin\ dir and let me
>>   know if anything changes...
>>
>>   I tested it here, but see no difference (don't have this problem).
>>   Maybe you will have good luck.  If it works, let me know and I'll
>>   create a new zip package release on sourceforge (windows only).
>
> Whatever you changed, that did it, everything seem to work fine now!

  :-/ Thanks for the confirmation.  It would be nice that if a call is
  required to use sockets on windows, that it would *always* be
  required :)  But hey, it's windows.

  I'll make a new 8.5.1 windows package (only) and put it on sourceforge.

> Thanks,
> Ingo

   Thank *you* for testing and reporting the problem!

--
Jon Trulson                      | A828 C19D A087 F20B DFED
mailto:jon at radscan.com           | 67C9 6F32 31AB E647 B345

"You can safely assume that you`ve created God in your own image when
  it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Ann Lamott