[conquest] game intro
jon at radscan.com
Sat Oct 14 15:02:43 MDT 2006
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Almighty Tallest Cataboligne wrote:
> Hail Conquerors!
> Have not posted in a bit so I decided to throw out this little tid bit...
> I have started an intro to the game on my weblog Grendels Grimoire.
> I'd encourage you to check it out and provide some feedback. The idea is to
> use this overview as an intro for potential players.
> If response is good I plan on adding a basic strategy guide.
> (And yes, I built that site raw, from a base install of Nucleus...)
> An interesting side note, I discovered Grendel (the comic) in roughly the
> same time frame as Conquest.
Hehe, I like it. I think Dave was going to work on a 'tutorial'
based on the 'Tips for new players' section in the readme. A good
tutorial is needed. :)
On the page you listed, a few comments:
- The first GL pic, is an old one. We aren't using those old ship
textures anymore. We're using your new and improved versions.
- I remember playing this with a 1200bd modem. Talk about
- The original conquest only allowed eng/weap allocations in the
- torpedos travel at different speeds depending on the ship that
- kli/fed (original), Destroyer (now): warp 12
- rom (original), Cruiser (now): warp 10
- ori (original), Scout (now): warp 14
- The 'improved' GL client view isn't really what you see now,
especially as regards the shields. Murisak is not a black hole.
Black holes do not yet exist in conquest :)
- The background 'grendel?' stuff does not really relate to Conquest
does it? :) You should have exploding romulan scum there instead,
Maybe this could be the basis of a wikipedia entry for Conquest :)
But this looks nice - let me know when you are satified with it and
I'll add a link to it on the conq homepage...
> - Cataboligne
> 4 | 2
> 5--*----> 1 Thing is facing this direction
> 6 | 8
mailto:jon at radscan.com
"No Kill I" -Horta
More information about the Conquest