[conquest] Conquest 8.1.2j (devel) is now available
jon at radscan.com
Wed Aug 9 20:11:28 MDT 2006
SVN tagged release:
SVN current development:
This is an 8.2 stable pre-release candidate.
It fixes a very old (and serious) bug in the server related to
phaser damage, alot of minor things related to the HUD, some
client/server race conditions, and builds under cygwin again.
This version incorporates 8.1.2h and 8.1.2i, which were not
Here is the HISTORY blob:
8.1.2j (devel) 8/9/2006
- 8.2 pre-release, barring significant issues.
- draw a line below the shield gauge that will indicate current
shield strength when shields are down. This is useful for
allowing you to check your shield's recharge status without
having to raise them first.
- change 'REPAIRING' icon decal color from green to cyan-ish.
- add a conqinit man page.
- move CLAMP() macro into conqdef.h for everyone to use.
- fixup the cygwin build
- update README.cygwin for current info and methods for
enabling IPC services.
- re-arrange the lib ordering a bit at link time so the
stupid linker can handle libconqinit/libconquest
8.1.2i (devel - not released) 7/29/2006
- fixed an old (and serious) bug that prevented phasers from
damaging a target if it's angle was between 315 and 360 from
your ship. It is definitely advisable for server operators
to upgrade to this version if you want phasers to work when
fired within this angle range
- fixed torpdir stuff in GL.c - should no longer get occasional
incorrect directional torp angles.
- changed ship textures and drawShip() to not use lower left as
the ship's texture origin, like the other textures.
- fix off-by-one in GL ship list.
8.1.2h (devel - not released) 7/21/2006
- patches from Clint Adams, putting the manpages in their proper
place (section 6 rather than 1), and supplying a conqai and
- in initGLPlanets, use the classd texture by default (for
class A, O, and Z, for example) rather than the moon
- When looking for ~/.conquest/*.trc files, only look for files
that *end* in .trc .
- previously, the client(s) tried to be smart and not waste
the server's time with requests it knew the server would
reject, for example, firing a phaser when you are cloaked.
Unfortunately, this introduced race conditions when the
connection had any significant lag, which would cause the
client's idea of what would succeed to be incorrect.
Now, we simply send such commands to the server, regardless
of the local client's state, and let the server determine
the validity of a command.
mailto:jon at radscan.com http://radscan.com/~jon
"No Kill I" -Horta
More information about the Conquest