[conquest] invisible sun bug discovered!

Almighty Tallest Cataboligne god.000 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:08:10 MDT 2005

> So, how are you killed by something that isnt there?
> > I wasnt aware of any invisible sun bug...hmm, I never have tested for
> > that.

There is in fact some issue here.

It seems you can go in conqoper and make any planet object invisible and
then visible again...except Murisak!

You do that to murisak and it never reappears. In either client. Nor can you
get info on it anymore - but its rad. can kill you! This is wacked out.

Further research - I mucked around with murisaks orbit pointer. If you point
it at something orbiting it, the whole universe takes off. must be something
to do with self references. I set it to orbit sol, which doesnt move. After
I restored it to orbit itself, and returned its x,y to 0,0 its visible
switch works normally.

A planet init doesnt change the status of the situation in any way shape or
form...I'd bet init everything would though.

This is for sure some odd ball code.

Also checked a sun having 0 army count - it can do damage sometimes. but it
seems your shields can regen. faster sometimes too.

More research - it is definitely tied into to the orbit pointer. If you init
the planets murisak never reappears after you make it invisible, but its rad
will function. But if you set its orbit pointer (to itself, as it defaults)
then the (in)visible switch works normally.

3
4 | 2
\|/
5--*----> 1 Thing is facing this direction