[conquest] Conquest GL client graphics upgrade beta test.

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sat Dec 3 23:32:03 MST 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Almighty Tallest Cataboligne wrote:

> To all list members:
>
> Take heed, a new era of conquest game play may soon be at hand!

 	Based on the screenshots you sent, I definitely look forward to
the patch! :)

 	BTW: I would recommend making all the textures power-of-two, or
many cards/drivers will not be able display them...

> For the last several months I have been crafting a graphics update
> for the conquest GL client.

[...]

> I hope to have an upgrade package ready for beta testing soon.  I'll prob.
> let Jon take
> a stab at it prior to general release.

 	Thanks!  I definitely want to check out the mods and how they will
need to factor into the new common block/init stuff.

> I anticipate scaling issues on other OS and monitor / gfx card configs.
> (I have morphix linux 4.x and dual 19" monitors and a geforce 6600GT
> [epci].)

 	This will be something to check out for sure.. I've got Radeon
9000, 8500 and Intel i915 with XiG Summit drivers.

> further plans in sequence:
> convert any images not already in power of 2 sizes to such.

 	Please do this soon :)

[...]

> What gets included in the official release will be up to Jon since he is the
> code base maintainer.

 	Once it's been checked out a little, I'd definitely make a new dev
release with this stuff in it...

> I hope to have a beta ready within 2 weeks.  A few things still need to be
> looked at.

 	I will patiently wait by my computer :)

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad