[conquest] Conquest version 8.0.1m (devel) is available.
jon at radscan.com
Sun Nov 14 18:08:45 MST 2004
Well, this was going to be a final stable release of 8.1, until I
discivered that Cygwin builds didn't work anymore. There was also alot of
cleanup done. So what the heck, another devel release before going to
stable around thanksgiving.
It's at the usual place: http://radscan.com/conquest.html
Here's what changed since the last devel release (8.0.1l):
Version 8.0.1m 11/14/2004 (devel)
- builds under cygwin (11/11/2004) again. Both the server and
clients (including the OpenGL client, conquestgl) seem to
run fine again.
SW OpenGL is a little slow, but playable (depending on your
processor speed). You may want to turn off the viewer
background image in (O)ptions to gain more FPS. I get about
20 FPS in SR view on a Pentium M 1.8 Ghz, fast enough for
conquest's needs :)
Make sure to read README.cygwin for important info on
building under Cygwin.
- updated autotools/libtools to deal with some cygwin issues
with curses linking.
- move rndini() calls to be before rndlb usage to prevent
infinite loops in rndlb on cygwin systems.
- doomsday protocol was not being recorded in client-side
game recordings. Sorry.
- removed last traces of glut bitmap font usage
- cleanup in asle 4 (render.c)
- remove old, unused code (CONQUEST_USER, ALT_RND, etc)
- Use ALT-S to toggle display of FPS and Kb/s stats in
- use CTL-R in the cockpit to force a complete packet refresh
from the server.
- yep, another 8.1 release candidate.
Jon Trulson mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
"I am Nomad." -Nomad
More information about the Conquest