[conquest] conquest etiquette part 1 - the VAX game of the past

David W. Payne dwpayne at gravitic.com
Thu Dec 2 00:47:02 MST 2004

I look forward to your part 2.  This message brings back memories.

I think everyone should remember that Jon has tried to stay with the
spirit of the original Conquest and that change is also good........

example: vacancy issue - there is a system option for that.  Jon and I have
discussed any number of these issues for quite a while.  Join in.

NO ONE uses conqoper for cheating.  I have conqoper privs but actually
have no access currently to the machine where conquest resides so I can
not use conqoper.  Only Jon can use it now.  And there is an "all" message
that states when "God" is entering conqoper.  Personally, as a Christian I
think that that should be changed to "Oper" but others do not agree.

Sometimes Jon and I talk about creating "situations" on the regular server
which give people a chance to see different aspects of Conquest.  I have
never used autopilot on the regular server while live.  I did try it once
recently when vacating the game just to give new players a new perspective.

I think you should post your suggestions.  Just remember Jon, John and I
and I hope the rest of you want to see Conquest become a more popular game.

And outright cheating is not acceptable to anyone I know.

Davep