[nas] NAS freezing up

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Apr 10 06:39:18 MDT 2013

erik wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 05:26:26AM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
 > > I've been using nas a while now and I'm finding that it seems to
 > > freeze up at times. It happens randomly and is hard to predict. I have
 > > to kill -9 it, restart it, hit play on umplayer to continue watching.
 > >
 > > Is there any way of debugging this? I've tried running it with verbose
 > > but nothing is showing in the console.
 >
 > By default, all logging is via syslog. There is a debug option available as
 > well that increases the info over verbose.

i've been seeing this as well, though i think it started for me when i
began running nasd via /usr/bin/aoss, to get it to play well with alsa
(in particular, dmix).

when i've strace'd a hung process, it's always been stuck on a futex
call, but that doesn't narrow it down much.

paul
p.s. i'd never heard of umplayer.  thanks for the pointer.  :-)