[nas] Mac OS X Client build/install?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Jun 27 14:09:16 MDT 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012, Tim Bunnell wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> After looking around a bit, I cannot find instructions for compiling and installing the client on Mac OS X (10.7.4). I believe I have all the standard developer tools installed, but do not find either xmkmf or imake on my execution path, so I'm not sure how to begin from the BUILDNOTES in nas-1.9.3.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to more information?

Hi, I do not have a mac, but perhaps this thread can shed some light?

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2010/05/15/msg005448.html

It seems imake is a seperate package, but there are other issues
mentioned further in the thread.  It should be possible - I'm pretty
sure someone on the list built NAS on mac osx once before (clients only
though).

--
Jon Trulson

"It is a syntax error to write FORTRAN while not wearing a blue tie."
          - James Iry's blog, "brief incomplete and mostly wrong"