[nas] Say yes to $AUDIODEV

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Sun Jun 24 08:06:29 MDT 2012

james wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I want to redirect the audio output of Firefox when running on a remote
 > machine, obviously $DISPLAY handles the visual.  From what I can tell
 > nasd needs an NAS aware program and FF isn't.

there's a program floating around called audiooss that might do what
you want.  it's a wrapper library that intercepts the open() of
/dev/audio, and redirects it to nas code, which will honor
$AUDIOSERVER.

it's been a long time since i've used it, and it's possible that
firefox's use of /dev/audio is more complicated than audiooss can
handle, but it's worth a try.

paul