[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:28:32 MST 2011

On 1/25/11 2:12 PM, Erik Auerswald wrote:

>>> 2) still results in a broken build on OS X?
>> The clients are still broken.  For example, auplay is linked against the
>> static libaudio.a, not the dynamic libaudio:
> Hm, the same happens on linux, but linking to Xt suffices to link Xau.
To be honest, I don't really understand shared libs on OS X.  otool
shows that -lXt does depend on -lXau.  Don't know what's going on with this.

> In NetAudio.tmpl we have:
> #define SharedLibAudio          SharedLibX
>
> But SharedLibX is not mentioned anywhere in /usr/lib/X11/config/. There
> is a definition for SharedLibX11 and changing NetAudio.tmpl to use this
> instead of SharedLibX results in linking dynamically against libaudio.
>
> Ray, could you test if this works for you as well? See the attached patch.
Yes, this works.  The sample clients are linked against shared libaudio
and everything works.  And, surprisingly, -lXau isn't on the link
command.  otool indicates the libaudio depends on -lXau, so that's
working as expected.

Ray