[nas] nasd outputs only part of a sample, client stalls -- exceptunder strace

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Oct 15 13:55:40 MDT 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 07:16:59PM -0600, Jon Trulson wrote:
>>
>>   I was able to load a 2.6.22.6 kernel on a laptop using a Pentium-M
>>   (Centrino) processor at 1.7Ghz.  I had the dynticks/tickless stuff
>>   enabled (though I tried disabled as well w/o effect).
>>
>>   Unfortunately I was not able to duplicate the problem with current
>>   svn nas (r264).  I did not try virgin 1.9 nas.
>
> Version 1.9 of NAS hangs almost instantly on "my" system (debian
> unstable with kernel 2.6.22). Current svn (264) hangs after a while,
> i.e. short sounds work most of the time, but listening to music is
> impossible.

   I'll bet ;-)

[...]
>>   It's not committed yet, so let me know if it changes anything for
>>   better or worse.
>
> Thanks! This seems to do the trick. Normal music files play fine, at
> least as far as I had time to test (about 30 minutes). The real test
> will be during the week, when the NAS server will be used for hours...

   That's good news. I will commit the change, as I'm sure it's the
   correct way to go anyway.  If there are still issues on these
   kernels, then the problem must lie elsewhere.

   Hopefully it will work for the others reporting this problem as
   well.

   Might even need to make a 1.9.1 release as the v1.9 signaling code in
   auvoxware is just plain wrong in a number of ways.

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | #include <std/disclaimer.h>