[nas] 2 possible patches for the 1.9.1 version

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Nov 6 12:22:19 MST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 11:35:14AM -0700, Jon Trulson wrote:

>  Ok, the current plan then for 1.9.1 is:
>
>  - Make MixerInit = no the default.
>
>  - use /var/run/ for linux only.  The issue Ray brings up will also
>    be a problem for linux users that start NAS as non-root in that
>    /var/run is not user-writable on Linux either.  The workaround
>    would be to start nas with '-pn' (partial network).  This would
>    work for Solaris too, and may be what we do in the future, but I
>    do not want to incorporate a 'large impact' fix like this into
>    1.9.1.
>
>  What say ye?

Sounds cool to me. I should probably push some more of our Debian
patches back at some point, too. Mainly #ifdef fixes for Gnu/KFreeBSD
and the Hurd, nothing urgent. :-)

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could