[nas] isolate input/output?

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 13 07:05:48 MDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 08:35:52AM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> erik wrote:
>  > > jon -- i'd go ahead and apply the patches from my and erik's mail.
>  > > they're no worse than what we had before, and almost certainly better.
>  >
>  > At least Paul's patch should be applied as it's an actual bugfix.
>
> are you implying that you think your patch wasn't necessary, given
> what i discovered about the open modes?  i suppose, thinking about
> it, that you might be right, though i guess i'm not curious enough
> to back out your changes to see.  :-)

No, my patch is necessary for your use case, because without it nasd
tries to open /dev/dsp for out- and input (unless you actually have a
/dev/dsp1 that can be used by nasd). Nevertheless this is some
additional functionality implemented by a quick hack and might introduce
new bugs. I've only tested it briefly and don't plan to actually use
this feature, therefor I did not push this patch for inclusion.

Of course I think it works and am willing to fix bugs as they are
encountered.

Erik