[nas] patch: missing return value

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Jul 26 10:27:32 MDT 2006

jon wrote:
 > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > i just experimented with astyle, bcpp, and indent.  since indent
 > > was the only one to correctly indent, and therefore spot the bug,
 > > at line 249 of os/WaitFor.c, i'll be using indent.  (the block of
 > > code in that hpux ifdef should have braces around it.)
 >
 >    Ouch. Sorry, I was young, inexperienced, blah blah blah :)

oh!  i only just now made the connection between you and the
initials "JET".  no wonder they show up all over the place!  :-)

amusingly, looking at what it had done, at first i was sure
indent had screwed up, and that the other tools had gotten it
right.  it was only after i'd rejected the other tools that i
went back to look at that case more closely and figured out what
was going on.

(astyle was just plain buggy with respect to whitespace in
comments, and actually split a trailing "*/" into "* /" at one
point, and bcpp won't split "i=0" into "i = 0", which i wanted.)

 >    I'll correct this (or you can) as soon as the indent/ansi patch
 >    comes through.

oh yeah -- the patch i just sent a pointer to is indent-only.  no
ansi changes.  i'll do those in a separate pass.

paul