[nas] patch: output gain scaling

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Jul 25 18:36:32 MDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Paul Fox wrote:

> jon wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Paul Fox wrote:
[...]

> >          Anybody else see this? I am using gcc 3.4.1-4mdk.
>
> i might be.  i was building last night on my aging server
> (originally RH 7.2, w/ gcc 2.96) and moving the nasd binary to a
> debian etch (testing) machine to run it (it's the machine
> connected to the stereo, but it doesn't have a full devkit
> installed), and was getting a core dump.  i suspected library
> mismatch, or other voodoo, and switched the test builds to
> another etch machine (gcc 4.0.4), and the core dump went away.
>
> i can investigate further.

   I've been doing make Worlds.  No library voodoo, tried full installs
   to.  It's in auvoxware, that I'm pretty sure of.  Might be a bug
   that's been around forever and now causes a notible problem.  For me anyway.

> speaking of debian -- when upgrading, the current debian
> installer for nas tries to preserve the current "releasedevice"
> and "mixerinit" values, but everything else comes straight from
> the release.  this means any other changes to the nas config get
> overwritten on an upgrade.  seems like it might be time for the
> nas package to start md5'ing the config in order to detect any user
> changes.  is the debian maintainer on the list?

   Yes, Steve McIntyre is the debian maintainer.  Don't know if he's
   following this thread though.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com http://radscan.com/~jon