[nas] patch: output gain scaling

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Jul 24 23:05:42 MDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Paul Fox wrote:

> jon wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Paul Fox wrote:
> > >
> > > this patch also doesn't apply to input -- it affects output only.
> > >

> >          Since this could be useful for input in the future, could we
> >          call it something like gainoscale and gainiscale (or something
> >          different) so that we can add input scaling in the future
> >          without risking a name collision?
>
> sure.  i thought of that, but figured that since we're already in
> trouble with "gain", i wouldn't worry about it.  but that was
> just laziness.  how about "outputscale"?

         Duh, you are correct.  :)  I thought this was a global option,
         and not per-section.  Applied and comitted.

         I was trying to determine the cause of a coredump I am
         seeing.  I notice your patches do not affect it, so I will
         apply anyway and debug further when I get some time.

         Seems we are corrupting the stack somewhere in
         createServerComponents.  I can only avoid the core by
         compiling auvoxware.c with '-g'.  With the default -O3, it
         segv's (tries to execute NULL stack) right when CreateComponents
         returns.  Not sure when that started though.

         Anybody else see this? I am using gcc 3.4.1-4mdk.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com http://radscan.com/~jon