[nas] segfault on amd64

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Jan 2 18:11:43 MST 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, David Liontooth wrote:

> Jon Trulson wrote:
[...]
>>     Just make sure '-ac' is passed on the nasd command line, allowing all
>> clients to connect.
>>

> All right, but what about not allowing all clients to connect?  Steve's
> Debian
> package seems not to include the -ac or -aa, and on the face of it that seems
> sensible.
> Or isn't this even a potential security risk?

 	The risk would be in allowing access to the NAS ports from the
internet so people could send you audio or listen on your microphone :).
I assume that no one premits this into their firewall(s) :)  Here, I trust
all my hosts (behind firewalls), so it is not a problem.

 	You can also pass '-local' on the command line to restrict access
to clients on the localhost only.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad