[nas] Re: How to play sounds through NAS using libaudio.so?

Hynek Hanke hanke at volny.cz
Sun Nov 21 05:59:40 MST 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 02:29:14PM +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> > >     ret = AuSoundPlayFromData(aud, s,
> > > 			    wav->samples,
> > > 			    AuNone,
> >                             ^^^^^^ destination is AuNone?

Hi all,

I'm sending this post just for reference. AuNone is fine as an argument
to AuSoundPlayFromData, actually. I think it means the default device.

My problem with the sound output was in the way I was trying
to set the volume of the flow, it should have been much higher,
so I didn't hear anything back then.

> All I hear is a strange click sound.

However, I still hear these click sounds when I try to play something
through NAS at the beginning and the end of the track. I must say I have
some crappy old soundcard (via82cxxx kernel driver). On the other side,
ordinary OSS output runs just well without any click sounds. I was told
the same version of NAS works fine with good quality sound on other
soundcards, so this might not be a big issue.

With Regards & thank you all for your work on NAS,
Hynek Hanke