[nas] Nas and SB16, AWE32/64

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Jul 2 10:51:23 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Mauricio Silveira wrote:

> From: Mauricio Silveira <msilveira at linuxbr.com>
> Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:22:00 -0300
> Subject: [nas] Nas and SB16, AWE32/64
> To: nas at radscan.com
> 	version=2.60
>
> Just wondering....
>

> Is there any sort of incompatibility with NAS and SB16/AWE32/AWE64 cards?
>
> I've tried runnig nasd on a remote-booted terminal with an AWE32 and
> later on I tried with an AWE64 Sound Card...
>

> Results:
>
> No matter what I change at nasd.conf, I keep watching this error on screen:

> Fatal server error:
> could not create audio connection block info

	This is one of those really useful generic errors... :)  It
usually implies an inability to open the sound device (some other app may
have it open like esd/artsd/etc), or one of the ioctl calls failed.  Are
you using 1.6d?  It tries to be a little more sane and informative in
these cases.  Does running 'nasd -aa -v -d 99' display any useful info?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad